Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Sucktober

If you read this blog on a semi-frequent basis, you know that October is usually my favorite month. Nice cool weather without a threat of snow. Fun holiday activities without the pressure of seeing family members. In almost any given year, this month rocks for me.

But as we have all noticed, 2016 is not a normal year. It's a sucktastic year that is doing all that it can to be as awful and disheartening as possible. I mean, it still hasn't given me repeat cancer, but we still have a few months so I'm kind of preparing myself for that.

2016 has destroyed my happy October. Let's see. First, there was the gas leak and nine days without gas. This was expensive, in fact, we still haven't even gotten the bill for it, but I consoled myself with hoping that it wouldn't eat every last cent of my spare funds. But today, that hope died a horrible, nasty death because it really doesn't even matter anymore. Our fridge was making awful noises. Ol Boys who showed up to fix it proclaimed it beyond real repair. We had to purchase a new fridge.

I'm just . . . wow. Really? REALLY, 2016? Really? I'm totally over this year and completely over October. I'm going to go take a sulknap.

No comments:

Post a Comment