Thursday, October 13, 2016

Conviction

My best friend bought a karaoke machine. It's really great. Today we drank and experimented with it. At first, things weren't going so great. The instructions weren't written that well and we had a difficult time getting it to do what we wanted. But after a while, we really got into the mode of  it and put out some fairly entertaining things.

For me, I think the key to doing well with a song is having the conviction to sing it. Understanding the essence of what the song is really trying to convey is far more important than staying on key. Hell, most of my favorite songs aren't really sang on key anyway.

I needed this today. After all the Under the House Hell, I needed some time to just let loose and sing. It was very spiritually filling for me. I think maybe I can face this repair situation now. I mean, it's not like I have to do much, besides just sit around and wait. Still, it's grating on the nerves. In the meantime, I can look up songs to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment