Thursday, April 26, 2012

Summer is Coming . . . so much worse than Winter is Coming

Today was one of those days filled with annoyances. To begin with, my computer decided to make a horrible vibrate-y noise. We ended up driving to Best Buy in the next town over to have them look at it. They didn't charge us for the fix, and it did get fixed, but the whole process really sucked.

The fleas and other various bugs seem to be out in full force. I have some major fleabejeebies going on right now. It's not even May and I'm completely over summer already. I hate this time of year.  No good comes of it.  Look, I realize this is becoming a really negative post, but seriously, summer is horrible for me. It's just something expensive that I endure (and not well).  When I was younger, I used to go swimming or to the movies and stuff like that. All of that is out of my life now, so summer just sucks.  Bugs, heat, hell.

One of our cats is peeing in the utility room floor.  Almost every day that I go in there, some level of urine is trying to dry into my linoleum.  We've tried all kinds of things to make him stop, but none of it seems to be working. By the time I cleaned it today, I was hot and disheartened. I know he's going to keep doing it and there isn't a damned thing I can think of to stop him.

Look, I know it isn't all bad. We deal with the fleas every year and tend to win against them. Summer eventually ends. It's just that the process is stressful and exhausting. I'd give anything to have a summer as mild as the winter we just had. It would be a nice break, you know? I'd just really like to now have to face a whole four months with nothing but a sense of growing dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment