Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Night Observations

My roommate and I had a productive weekend. We moved about half a room's worth of shit to the storage building, disassembled and then removed another half a room's worth of boxes, moved six million books, moved two book shelves, sorted things, culled things, and managed to live through it all . . . mostly.

I've noticed when we make decisions about placement, we do so on the basis of some simple questions.  Does it function in the new location? Is is easily moved so we can clean? Can a cat knock it over?  Does it make the room feel better?  The answer has to be yes to at least three of those questions or the change does not happen.

In the process of being kind of harsh about this, we've made some actual progress on how the house looks. It is now going to function in a far more practical way. I'm hoping this cuts down on a lot of agita.

I started watching Downton Abbey this week and it's like crack. I love it SO much. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I started watching the third generation of Skins. It's faster form of crack where you end up puking on people by the end of it. Still wonderful though.

April, ever the cruelest month, arrived with hot weather and pollen. Than you very much for that, nutsack! I'm trying to keep the positives up about the idea of this summer being as mild as winter was.  Fingers and toes crossed.

In the meantime, things will continue to shuffle. I'm positive this is for the betterment of us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment