Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dragon, How I Have Missed Thee

I slept until almost 10 today. Can you believe that? I blame the sinus issues. My sinuses are absolutely horrible right now. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do about it. Probably nothing. However, there are other, happier events in my life. 

So here's the thing, I'm actually not even really typing this. I put Dragon Dictation onto the iTouch and I wanted to see if I could actually sit here and just talk to it and have everything dictated down. That way, I can go ahead and copy and paste it over to Blogger and just have my whole thing done that way. 

Are there issues? Yes, there are some issues. For one thing, I'm having to go in and add punctuation myself. Actually, this is probably the biggest issue. Another thing is that it's not really recognizing any words that need to be capitalized. There may be a way for me to get it to do that. I'm not really sure.

Overall though, I think it's a very interesting step in the right direction. I really really hope that I can get this working because it would mean that I can just sit here and talk through all kinds of things. . . like books or . . .  well actually just mainly books.

You know it also helps to be able to do Blogger this way, although I have noticed something else that is a problem.  I don't really talk in sentences. I talk in a really long extended, ridiculous statements that have lots of 'and' plus a ton of other conjunctions and it really doesn't lend itself that well to this. Maybe I can get more used to talking in a proper manner. If I want to get this to work the way I need it to, that is absolutely going to have to happen.

I'm always like Dragon a lot. In fact, I used to use a whole lot in college to write papers. You have no idea how much this pleased me. I always felt like I was cheating. Even though, I really wasn't. After all I am dictating all of this.

By the way, I have found a place where I can get commands. Things such as punctuation are easy to do just as long as I say them out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment