Tuesday, November 5, 2013

No More Spoons

I ran out of spoons today. In fact, I think on certain topics, I may have ran out of them forever. I read an article about a group of boys in New Zealand who have a habit of getting underaged girls drunk, gang raping them, and then putting up the videos of it to shame the girls. The police aren't doing anything about it. People defend them. They are completely casual about the whole thing. They don't care if people know. The girls were just sluts, as far as they are concerned.

Then there was the guy who wrote the letter about how rape culture doesn't exist. He hates how how people are trying to get parents to teach their sons not to rape. He hates how this rape culture thing makes it sound like men are all beasts. Blah blah. Maybe these girls should try not being so slutty and most of them are lying anyway.

I could go on. I could devote paragraphs to the comments made about the antirape panties. I could talk about the comments people made on an Upworthy video of the abused woman. I could write and write and write about this, but it would make no difference. People will still defend the men and their actions. People will still blame the women.

I'm not going to read any more comments about this stuff or watch any more videos. I'm not going to read articles or let myself view blog discussions. I just can't anymore. Not not and not for a while. I'm going to live my quiet, happy little life and feel very, very grateful that there are no straight men around to screw it up. I'm going to be grateful that I live in a society where that is possible.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you gotta just check out and avoid all news for a while when things get too triggery. :(

    ReplyDelete