Friday, November 8, 2013

Thursday Night Round Up

Sugar's New Dress
As I said last night, my best friend gave me her iTouch. I spent the day getting good apps for it, loading my podcasts, and making it an outfit to wear. Okay, that last part might technically actually be that I knitted a case for it, but I like the outfit thing better. I might make it several outfits to wear, depending on the formality of the occasion. She named it Icing Sugar, after a Cure song. I believe it's bad luck to rename things, so Icing Sugar keeps her name. And yes, she's a she.

Sugar has a camera function, albeit, not a great one. There is also a video function. I'm trying to think of what oddness I can do with that. The camera is fun, although I've not figured out a way to make myself look even remotely decent in the pictures.

Now that Sugar has her dress, I need to finish the cuff I was working on. It's going to match the other cuff I made. The first cuff didn't start out as a cuff but it ended up there. I like it a lot, but I think it would benefit from a companion cuff. This interests me a lot. I've always had trouble finding sleeves that covered my wrists in a way I liked. By adding my own cuffs to the party, I don't have to worry so much about that.

I woke up this morning to the power going off. It was down for about 45 minutes but even that was enough to toss my household into chaos for a while. We never really found our footing and everything was just off for us. I'm hoping that things go better tomorrow. Actually, I'm somewhat hoping things really level out and just slide smoothly through the rest of the year. I think I need that and everyone else does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment