Friday, November 15, 2013

Minion

This is my first attempt at the minion hat. It didn't turn out perfect, but you gotta admit, it has a lot of personality!

There are a lot of things I'll change for the next hat. The pattern I used has the ear flaps and I don't think I like them. I also think I need to keep my tension better on the bottom part of the hat. I'm somewhat on the fence about the ration of blue to yellow, but of course if I take off the ear flaps, that might not be a problem. My roommate suggested I do a longer back, maybe just a couple of more rows, and that would serve to add more blue.

The eyes need to be smaller as well. I think the dominate the hat too much as take away some of the charm. I'd also like to put the little sidepieces on the goggles next time, because that will be another layer of depth to it.

This one looks a lot better than my first attempts. While it may not live up to the standards of what I would want to do in the hat, it still at least, manages to be recognizable as the character it is supposed to be . . .and it actually functions as a hat. Compared to some of my first attempts at this, even that is an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment