Saturday, May 17, 2014

Another Easier Thing

My arm is achy tonight, but I'm not surprised by this. I folded a large amount of towels and sorted through some other laundry this morning. I'd seriously not folded any towels in almost three weeks and we were down to the last rung of them. If we didn't have the towels of three blended households to work with, we'd probably been forced to drip dry by now.

Even though I still have the staples in my arm and it hasn't quite completely healed, even though it still has some swelling going on, that was still the easiest time I've had folding towels in years. Without the lipoma to cause its problems and be in my way, the whole process just sped by. I was even able to get stuff out of the dryer with far more ease. It just makes a ton of difference when you have both arms functioning at the same level.

It was a very freeing experience for me. It makes me wonder how many other tasks are going to be equally less cumbersome now that I have mobility. My guess is all of them. Or, at least, any task that will involve my arms (which when it comes to housework, is basically all of them) will certainly be easier.

I'm not really one of those people who believes in folding All the Things, but I do like to fold towels and other bathroom things. Keeping them organized goes a long way in terms of everything in the bathroom not looking like pure chaos. I'm happy that I can do that with less problems now. After all, towels are constantly in need of being washed. Even as I was folding the ones this morning, a new load of them was being put in the washer.

So even though my arm is protesting all of this, I'm glad it happened. We have organized towels again and I had a far less difficult time in making that happen. This is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment