Tuesday, May 20, 2014

No More Staples

I have no more staples! The staples are gone! My arm is free of staples! And it was not a fun experience, let me tell you. See, it's not so bad when they pull out the ones that are loose and ready to go anyway, but some of the staples are basically trying to let the skin grow over them and those hurt like a bitch when they get pulled. I hissed quite a few times during the process. Still, despite all the little blood marks from where they were pulled out, I am happy they are gone. One more step towards having a normal arm.

Mind you, it isn't normal yet. I have little tape bindings over it right now. I was told those would fall off in a few days. Yeah, I have a feeling some of them will fall off by tomorrow. My skin didn't take too well to the glue and you move your are way more than you even think you do. Until they fall off, I've gone from being Frankenstein's monster to being a mummy. I guess I'll circulate through several more monsters before this is all said and done.

For anyone who is wondering when I'll stop blogging about the progress on the state of my health and go back to that other stuff I used to blog about, I have to say that I'm honestly not sure when that will happen. I'm not sure it can happen until my health stuff gets sorted out better. This is kind of Maslow's, you know. I've fallen down to the lower levels of the Hierarchy of Needs, where safety issues are pretty much the major thing occupying my thoughts.

There is a chance that within a month or so, things could be better. I could be on the mend by then, hopefully. Maybe. It could be that enough hoops will have been jumped through by that point to make all of this worth it. If that is the case, maybe I can just recover and feel safe and not worry about the big scary stuff because it will be gone. That would be really nice because I need some full nights of sleep. I miss those.

No comments:

Post a Comment