Friday, May 23, 2014

Visits

Today's accomplishment was having lunch with one of my favorite people. It's been the first time I've gone out to do this in a long while. She's been ill and of course, I've been a right mess. The place we went isn't the most comfortable for me. It used to be, back when they had a couch, but they got rid of it for some reason. Some bad reason, if you ask me. Of course, in any given situation, I always want a couch.

The chairs weren't AS uncomfortable as they used to be. I guess it's another way in which the lipoma was causing my posture to distort and shift. After a while, the chair did begin to hurt, but it took a lot longer than it has in the past. I was happy about that, though I'm still feeling the pain even now. Still, it really isn't as bad as it used to be.

I am very tired though. It's weird to think that something as simple as sitting with a friend and laughing and talking to them could cause exhaustion, but when you're not used to it anymore, it really can. After a few hours, I knew my energy was starting to wane. By the time I got home, I was very worn out. It's frustrating because that didn't used to be the case. Illness and physical issues can make even the most simple of tasks very difficult.

Despite the pain and the tiredness, I'm glad I went. I had a wonderful time and got a lot of encouragement about the next phase of what is to come for me. I was told some things I needed to hear, because I was feeling pretty down about the situation and needed a different perspective. I'm very grateful for that. Researchers talk about how socialization is good for the healing process, but you never realize how much until you're going through it. Seeing your roommate waiting for you in a hospital room as they wheel you in does so much to improve your sense of security. Being told you've made a difference in someone's life helps you to keep perspective about the meaning of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment