Thursday, May 8, 2014

Small Mercies

Today was made of roughness. My roommate and I both feel bad and this more or less dominated everything going on. I've been tired and in pain. He was visibly ill and looked like he was in a lot of pain as well. He mentioned that it doesn't bode well when we're both ill and he's right. It just makes everything harder.

The only pleasant thing about the day was the fact that it rained. This meant that it stated mostly dark and cool. That helped me out a lot. I needed some dark and cool. Maybe it will make a difference. The last several days have been unforgiving and bright. Darkness was my friend.

When you feel bad, it's the small mercies that make all the difference for you. A bit of darkness. Some cool weather. A nice little respite from the normal stuff going on. It helps a lot. I hope next time you need those, you get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment