Thursday, May 15, 2014

First Fun Outing

I went to see my best friend today. It's the first time I've really been out of the house (other than to go to doctor's appointments) since the surgery. It's only the second time I've been in the car since coming home from the hospital. The first time, of course, was to go to the doctor on Tuesday. I'm not one for being in the car every day, but even for me, this is a reduction in outside time. It has certainly been strange.

Over all, I think it was good for both of us that I went to see her. The last time she was around me was the day I was in the hospital. That's never a good time to see another human. They always look kind of bad. I think she needed to see that I was recovering and actually seeing benefit from what happened. Honestly, I think I needed to see this as well.

I think when you have surgery, it's important to try and get back into a normal routine as soon as possible. Even if this means you start things with a bit more pain than you might be comfortable with. Don't be too risky about it. I didn't really try to do much until the evil drainage tube was removed, but once it was gone, I did my best to really try and make life be what it was before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment