Monday, September 8, 2014

Giving a Store the Side Eye

Today we went shopping and one of the items I depend on was out of stock. We assumed this was no big deal and drove into town to get it there. Like I said, it's an important item. While in town, we went to three stores within this same chain and every one of them was missing the item. I can't tell you how annoying this is.

Though, honestly, it's even more annoying when I know that said company has a system that should insure it never runs out of stock. When an item is scanned, the fact that said item was sold is supposed to go into the order list so that more can be sent, thus insuring that no customer goes without said item. This should certainly be true for popular items. And this certain item is purchased by a lot of people.

When the workerbees of said store were asked about the item, they hedged and mumbled things. This is usually done when the company in question is trying to strong arm more pennies out of the manufacturer of the product. It's frustrating and more than a little upsetting. There are a lot of things that help us get through the day and when the Powers that Be start fucking with that, it makes one nervous.

I am hoping that next time we go to the store, my product will be in stock again. We found a substitute, but you know how that goes. When you like a product, you want to stay with it. Any subs are usually annoying. Until then, I'm giving that store some serious side eye. I know they do not care, but it makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment