Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hoping for Fall

The weather was rather glorious today . . . at least as how I define glorious. It was wet and overcast and cold. This made me happy. I couldn't go walking, but that was okay. I wasn't hot either which is far better in the long run. It's time for a change.

The first part of this year has been really rough on a lot of people I know. Deaths, surgeries, health scares, more deaths, more health scares, and some rather crappy, stressful stuff have been the theme for most of 2014 so far. It's time to find something new, something comforting and easy for a while. I think everyone has reached their stress and pain threshold. Let's try to enjoy the Fall.

I'm really ready for that. I'm ready for the sound of rustling leafs and pumpkins and chai. I'm ready to wear my hats and my hoodies. I'm ready to feel safe again. It's been so long since I felt safe. I need Fall to bring comfort. I really, really need that. I think everyone else does too.

My skin is cool to the touch right now. I have a cat laying next to me. I'm comfortable and content. I think it would be very nice if this could be a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment