Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Physical Milestone

I did 30 minutes of exercise today. I'm not even counting my rest time between either. I actually did a full 30 minutes. That is the first time in quite a long while. I'm quite proud of that. Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting any stronger, but then things like this happen and I realize I am. I may not always be able to feel it, but I really am.

This will probably cause me some pain by the morning, but it's okay. I have learned to accept that kind of pain. I know it goes away. It's just part of the process of my body changing. I'm not sure I'm even really burning away any fat yet. It may just all be water retention. As I've mentioned in  the past, however, I would rather have 5 lbs of fat than one lb of water. Fat is mushy and easy to deal with. Water is solid and painful. Losing more water is a wonderful thing.

It was still hot today. We turned on the AC, though we'd not had to in a few days. It's supposed to cool down after today, but September can be kind of odd about that. We'll see. It's starting to feel like Fall though, and this makes me happy. And because I'm in better shape than I usually am, I'm not dreading the annual tree trimming. I know it won't be easy, but it will be easier than it was last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment