Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Progress at the Drug Store

Well, I finally have meds back again. In a week or two, maybe they'll kick back in and things won't be so horrible. Things really haven't been horrible, but between menopause and meds withdraw, it felt that way. No matter how many times you try to tell yourself that, as the days go on and your nerves just keep grating down, after a while, you just forget. I'm quite ready for the nice happy solace of my medication. My chemical romance.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, my meds DID come from my cancer doctor, not my regular one. My act of proactivity paid off. If I'd just relied on here, I might not get meds until next week, and only then because I saw her. Oh yes, next week is my first swabbing for possible cancer spread. I am pretending not to be nervous about that.

I was cleaning off my junk table and noticed I still owned some nail polish. Given that it's still in existence, I've decided to attempt to paint my nails again. However, instead of just doing it the way I always do (which is . . . badly), I've been reading up on hacks that supposedly make it easier. I'm going to try them tomorrow. We'll see if it works.

I should clarify that I'm not doubting the hack is capable of working. One of the problems when people do experiments like this is that they fail to consider all factors. If the nail polish hack doesn't work for me, it doesn't mean the hack is flawed. It probably means that the hack works, but you STILL need someone with more nailpainting skills than I possess. I doubt I'll ever be good at that.

That's okay though. I've accepted that there are many things I will never be good at, even though I like them and practice them often. I will never be able to crochet an even hat. Even though I count everything. Even though I double check my counting. I don't know. It's something I'm screwing up when I move from one row to the next and no amount of instructional videos seems to help me. Just when I think I have the problem solved, I screw it up in some other way. This results in a lot of bafflement and wonky hats. Though, I do like my wonky hats.

Anyway, that's where things stand right now. I have meds. I have a cleaner junk table. I can't paint my nails and I can't crochet an even hat. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment