Friday, September 12, 2014

Weepy Weekends

It was dark all day today. It's continued a slow, steady rain since yesterday. This type of rain begins to weigh on the plants in the yard and after many hours of it, they all begin to droop like they need some kind of anti-depressant or something. Maybe they know they'll soon be in hibernation again. Or worse, maybe they know we'll soon be out there pruning them. Perhaps they do need some meds.

I don't think they could get them from my doctor though! I called to have scripts refilled on Monday and by today, they still weren't in. I stopped by her office to see if she was in and maybe my message got lost or something. However, all the lights were off and it was clear no one was there. My roommate got out to check and the home health care worker next door told us that my doctor was out because of things going on in her personal life.

Which, yeah, okay, that's fine. I realize sometimes things go wrong and that is more important than work. However, I think that it would be best if she offered some kind of warning or had someone else around who was qualified to at least fills prescriptions when needed. My meds aren't life or death, but some people's are. If you're going to be out more than a couple of days, it's probably best to keep people informed.

So I'm out of anti-depressants for the weekend. Hopefully I still have enough in my system to keep me from going wonky. I probably do. Honestly, I wouldn't even be so concerned about it except I'm still having menopausal weepies. Last night I teared up because one of my friends was doing well with her life. I was so happy for her! I also teared up at one of those dish washing liquid commercials where they clean  the ducks! Those poor ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment