Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Anniversary

So a year ago today, my plight into major 'female trouble' drama began. Major purging from my uterus that would not stop and scared the hell out of me. By the 18th, I was at the ER. A few days after that, I was pretty sure I was gonna die.  I came close. Had my doctor not put me on the Depo, I probably would have died. But I didn't. In fact, the bleeding saved my life.

Let's face it; I fear doctors. I most certainly fear the gynecologist. If I hadn't had the massive bleeding and went to see one in hopes of having vaginal ablation, I would have never found out I had cancer.  The cancer would have grown and done all the awful things that cancer does. By the time they caught it, it may have been to late to do anything about it.

I could choose to make this date with a sense of horror for what I experienced. And believe me, it certainly was horrible. Instead, I'm going to look at it as something that, while pretty much awful and nightmarish, led to me staying alive. It truly was one of those cases where something nasty and kind of PTSD-inducing really did lead to a positive outcome.

In that case, thank you, scary bleeding uterus, for saving my life. I am grateful for what you did. I do not miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment