Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sims 4 and the Hell of Party Animals

Do we detect a smile on the face of Clara Goth? Why yes, we do, and it isn't just because she finds it amusing that I left the walls down in this pic and you can see her toilet. No, it is because she has managed to fall in love. Somewhat by accident. See the blonde man in the picture with her, that is Devante Yoder . . . I did not name him. He is the love of Clara's life.
Devante is one of the sims who happened to be in the household I used to move Clara. Moving just one sim out of a playable house is kind of difficult (at least as far as I have been able to discover) and it involves moving that sim into a new household and then moving it. When I did this, Devante was one of the sims in the moving house. He started playing cards with Clara, next thing I know, they're flirting.
Eventually, she decided she wanted to marry him. Normally when my sims get engaged, I just let them exchange rings without any kind of wedding because I loath Sim parties. HOWEVER, it turns out that Devante's aspiration is Party Animal, which means the little fink wants to have parties all the time. I could change his aspiration, but I'm trying my best to explore all the challenges of the game, so I'm  going to let him keep it.

The problem with this comes from the fact that I suck at Popularity sims. I rarely play them because I find their wants and challenges to be so annoying. This is a mistake though. One of the things I'm trying to do with 4 is to keep pushing myself into the challenges I used to avoid.

It's just that parties in Sims 4 are HARD. You have to do all these different tasks and you have almost no time to accomplish them. You're graded on them as well, and I hate to be graded on things I'm not good at. And while the wedding and one birthday party I managed to have turned out well, the rest of the parties have been pretty crappy. Devante may never reach his life goals because I can't get 3 sims to dance to music at the same time. That's pretty sad.

Anyway, Clara is pregnant now. That means more birthday parties are on the way. At least I can manage to make those work. That'll put a smile on Devante Yoder's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment