Wednesday, January 7, 2015

More Sims Goodness

It's in the black cabinet. 
I mentioned before that I love the fact that you can stack cabinets in Sims 4. What I didn't know at the time is that you also have an option panel to change the size of them. Cabinets can now be standard, but they can also be very long, half sized, or open with glass doors. This gives your kitchen, bathroom, or other storage areas far more diversity where fake storage is concerned.

In the background of this picture, you'll see a wall hanging with some sweaters and boxes. This is one of several bits of wall clutter the game has given. They also included some shoe storage clutter. I found this interesting, but even more interesting when I was looking through the rooms people have created online and discovered a lot of people have been doing elaborate walk-in closets.

At first, I found it odd that people were creating them. Walk in closets basically serve NO purpose in Sims. Then I realized that I always put a lot of things that serve no purpose in my houses as well, just because I like the look of them. For a lot of people, getting to build houses in Sims is about the fantasy of creating the house of your dreams. For many people, having a giant, well organized closet is part of that dream. I don't blame them either.

There is a lot of peace and calm that comes from construction of this nature. I think it's helping a lot of people stay sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment