Monday, December 21, 2015

Adult Things

So I did some adult things today. The van needed some stuff checked out and instead of fearing the mechanic shop, I just pushed myself to go there and deal with it. I wasn't happy. Like many women, I have this idea that they think I'm an idiot about cars.

I kind of had a revelation about that, though. I AM in idiot about cars. I have like maybe a 40% knowledge of what might be going on with the car at any given time. I know some basic terms and what the lights mean. Beyond that, they know way more than I do. I should just accept this or educate myself better. Right now, I think it's enough that I don't stand around spouting off ignorant things about the van in hopes of impressing them with knowledge I don't have. "I think it's the valve shafter core......block."

Anyway, they were nice and it ended up not costing anything. After that, we braved Walmart for the last items of Christmas dinner. My roommate found some cookie dough on sale, so we get Christmas cookies. This made me happy. Tomorrow I need to make some phone calls to try and get our Christmas Day plans locked down. This is going to be a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment