Saturday, December 26, 2015

Lovely Christmas Day

Christmas is over. All the gifts have been exchanged. All the events have happened. I am pretty exhausted. Today itself was lovely. It didn't start out lovely. We went to Walmart because we needed some stuff and found it to be closed. An empty Walmart parking lot is just kind of spooky.

The movie was good. There were some plotholes I kind of had to handwave, but beyond that, it felt more like the first movies than the last three. When we saw Into the Woods last year, the theater was completely packed. This one was full but nowhere near capacity. That made things easier. It was still kind of crowded when we were trying to get out.

After we left the movie, we went to my best friend's house for Christmas dinner. That was great. We had very good conversation and very good food. A lot of my holiday outings have been awkward, but this one wasn't. It was nice to be in a place where I was completely comfortable.

I'm ready to sleep now. I want to sleep and rest and just kind of mill around the house for a few days. I think at this point, we all need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment