Monday, December 14, 2015

Plans and Slight Obsessions

Somehow I managed to get all of my holiday plans situated. I'll be seeing my dad and step-mother on the 23rd, then the extended family on the 24th. Christmas Day, as always, is spent with my roommate. It's been our tradition for many years now. Past that, I think I'm free of festivities. Yay!

When I saw my niece at Thanksgiving, she talked to me about how much she loves unicorns. I found a fat little unicorn crochet pattern and I think I may have enough time to make it for her. I have enough odds and ends of yarn to give it some snazzy rainbow mane and tail business. It would be really cute.

I've noticed I have this weird problem when I crochet. Okay, I have many problems when I crochet, but most of the time they have to do with me kind of sucking at it. This new problem has to do with my perspective of my work.

See, I usually like the underside of whatever I'm doing more than the display side. I always find that side to have the neater pattern happening, to seem more smooth, to have the better quality. I get a little obsessed with this and sometimes have to force myself to remember the backside has all the joins and other ugly bits on it. Sometimes I'll try to cover that up, but most of the time, it just isn't possible.

Once I get past the holiday stuff, I'm FINALLY going to start working on my jacket. It's been a mild winter so far, but I'm not sure that this will still be the case in a month or so. A nice warm crochet jacket could make my life far better.

No comments:

Post a Comment