Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Best Things about 2015 Part Three

Last year, I lost my ability to ever have my own children. I didn't want my own children, but it's one thing to not want something and another thing to not even have the choice. Maybe in response to that, I've found that I've gotten closer to my best friend's kids.

Her daughter is one and I've gotten to be a part of these early parts of her life. It's been really neat to watch her growing from a helpless baby to a little person who can walk and make her wishes known. It's amazing to get to watch her laugh,  to see the way she looks at you when she wants to let you know she loves you, and to be hugged by her. I've taught her to clap and to wave. I love to watch her dance.

My best friend's son is ten and he's really his own person now. He and I spent a day destroying a whole Minecraft village and picking fights with game controlled players. We also have a running story about a hapless guy named Chad who blows up things and starts international problems. He and his best friends Jason and Biff are currently in Turkey . . . trying to find a turkey.

I had so much fun with these two kids. They really made a lot of great memories for me in 2015. I am thankful for them and what they bring to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment