Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Lights

As I mentioned last night, I had to be out before dawn. I never like doing that. I'm not a morning person. In fact, morning should only be seen if one has stayed up all night. Then more sleep should happen. I really never want to KNOW what happens at those hours, but life does not always go as we wish.

This time of year makes it a bit easier. I may not like getting up before dawn, but have always been and always will be enchanted by Christmas lights. Not many people have them up yet and some of the people who do turn them off before going to bed. That made the Christmas lights I did see so much better. They were spaced few and far between, shining out into the darkness like some kind of small bit of joy. It really meant a lot to me.

My roommate and I don't decorate the outside of our house. We don't feel well enough to do it and we can't afford it. However, if I ever am in a situation where these things change, I do plan on decorating the outdoors. To me, Christmas lights are the best part of the whole holiday because they're this one thing that everyone who sees them can enjoy and love, no matter what else is happening. It's this lovely little twinkling beautiful thing that can give all people a moment of goodness. I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment