Sunday, December 27, 2015

Best Things about 2015 Part One

It's that time of year when I usually just freak out about the coming year. I've already been doing that some. I could focus on that or focus on the rain, but I've opted not to. Instead, I'm going to review the things about my year that made it wonderful. There certainly were some of those.

My roommate and I had an ongoing discussion about trying new food things. He found a new way to make popcorn that is awesome. We tried some new things for holiday meals and experimented with ways to fix certain proteins we were given. To me, this is never just about the food. It isn't even about the food being completely successful. It is the discovery of it, the trial and error, the experimental nature of the whole process that makes me happy.

He and I have also been discovering a lot of new bands and new music. After having been annoyed with new music for quite a few years, it's really neat to start finding stuff to enjoy again. Finding new music is always very much a revival for the soul.

We were more social than we usually are. We went to more places and spoke to more people. This is a pretty big step for people who were basically shut-ins for a while. It's never easy. I think sometimes the best thing someone with social anxiety can have is someone else with social anxiety. It helps when someone else understands why your energy is just GONE after a simple meeting.

These are some of the things that made this year full and unique. These are things I am grateful for. I'll add more tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment