Thursday, December 3, 2015

All Your Heroes Part II

I was looking back at my blog from last year and realized I wrote about Marion Zimmer Bradley and how much I adored her. Funny to read that and just feel nothing but sadness. For a moment, I realized that I wasn't sure I could write anything, so I went back to Facebook for distraction. When I got there, the first thing I saw was that a singer I've loved since college was dead.  He was only 48, which is the same age Sinead is.

Also like her, he's lived a pretty rough life. I think there has by the cycle of getting clean and finding drugs again. All the while, he did what he could to keep doing music. Being an aging musician is never easy. My dad knows quite a few people who have killed themselves, but my dad is a musician and it's one of those things that seems to follow them. Of course, it's that way for most creative people.

If there is any comfort here, at least Scott Weiland died in his sleep. He was still doing music, still doing what he loved. He'll be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment