Thursday, December 31, 2015

Best Things about 2015 Part Five

Hamilton. 

I came late to the game with this musical. I just found out about it a couple of weeks ago. It has, however, changed me. It is brilliant and important. It has made me think more about the Founding Fathers than I ever have. I never had opinions about Burr before. I have TONS of opinions about him now.

Hamilton has become my new Game of Thrones level obsession, only more so because it has music and it's finished. It has made me deeply in awe of Alexander Hamilton and what he accomplished. It's neat to think that at one point, this guy who helped to build this country was once a 14 yr old orphan on St. Croix who was doing whatever he could to get books.

I love this musical and I love Lin-Manuel Miranda, the man who created it. 2015 is the year it opened, the year I found it, and the year it blew up and took over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment