Thursday, December 24, 2015

Birthday Glasses

This year for my birthday, I got bifocals. It was debated about last time I got new glasses, but he decided my eyes didn't quite need it. This time I knew I would be getting them. My close-up vision has gotten really bad. I kind of saw the whole thing as dreadful before, but when he prescribed, I was actually a little relieved. My vision was that wonky.

The glasses are in. I'm actually far happier with them that I thought I would be. I didn't exactly love the style or the color when I saw it online but opted for it anyway because it was the least ugly of the cheap-ass frame options. The purple works really well with my skin tone. I'm pretty happy about the shape as well. As for the progressive aspect, I'm not exactly used to it yet, but it's not giving me any serious trouble either. It's one of those things I'll learn to handle. In the meantime, I'm pleased with the new look.

As you know, once my birthday happens, there is always a part of me that gets really nervous about the new year. Things usually get scary for me then. I'm hoping for no Surprise!Cancer! or Surprise!Scary Tax Thing this year. In fact, I do not want a Surprise! anything unless it's a Surprise!Insanely Rich!  or Surprise!Jason Momoa!

Actually, I'd be fine with those last two.

No comments:

Post a Comment