Saturday, May 5, 2018

Decisions

After some reflection, I've decided the new therapist isn't going to work for me. I'm going to think about what that means over the weekend and where to go from here. Honestly, I'm considering just dropping therapy completely. I think, for the moment, I have learned what I can. I'm not sure I'm at a place where someone else can help me move to the next level of things.

A few years ago, I'd discussed working my way out of therapy. This never happened because, quite honestly, my therapist at the time had to miss a lot of days. She would miss or I would miss. It got to where we were only meeting about once a month. During the rest of the time, I was having to sort through my own stuff. Usually, by the time I saw her, I was just kind of giving a summary of what I'd done.

That isn't to say I'm completely better.  I still have a lot of issues. I also have tools to deal with them now. I have ways to work through problems and tactics for handling the things that come into my life.

Anyway, I'll weigh the pros and cons of it over the weekend.  On Monday I'll call down there and inform them I'm not going to see her anymore. No matter what else happens, that is certainly decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment