Monday, May 21, 2018

Food for Thought

Before the start of the weekend, my roommate and I had a discussion about how difficult it can be for us to have an appetite during the summer. The hotter things get, the less interest we have in meals. This hasn't always been the case, but over the last few years, it's gotten worse.

With this in mind, we talked about what we can manage to eat and what tends to sound appetizing. We have kind of a running list of what will work and variations we can make so we don't get sick of the same things. Cool, uncomplicated food is the basic theme. The food shopping on Friday happened around this idea.

I would say for our first weekend, things were successful. The meals always sounded good and left us feeling sated. I don't think either of us had to dread a meal and that is very good. While I do need to watch the kind and amount of food I eat, skipping meals is never a good idea.

Anyway, I'm feeling positive about this assessment of our situation and the actions we've taken to help us. The weekend was great in a lot of ways, but I would say this is the biggest triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment