Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Project of Influence: Album 2

The Album: The Jungle Book Soundtrack

The Story: I had this little portable record player and a collection of albums of various Disney things. I have no idea who got them for me. I loved the Alice in Wonderland one a lot, but The Jungle Book was my favorite. I guess in both cases, you have a little kid going on an adventure where they encounter various people who try to influence them, but Jungle Book always seemed like more of a metaphor for the types of adults you meet. Some raise you, some try to guide you, some try to destroy you, some would like to pick over your bones. Others might have lazy intentions, but good hearts. To this day, I can (and sometimes do) sing these songs.

Thank you to: Thanks to whatever person bought those for me and my grandparents for listening to them on repeat.

The Lesson Learned: Life should be a balance between being Baloo and Bagheera. I'm far more a Baloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment