Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Productive Tuesday

Heeey, for once in my life, I actually did the thing I said I was going to do. I put away my laundry, vacuumed my floor, and got my bed situation handled. It exhausted me and I will probably take a couple of days to recover, but it happened.

A while back I saw someone complaining about people who highlighted the fact that they did what are 'simple tasks' like getting out of bed and showering. At the time, I felt a bit of shame at his comments. Now, I realize he was speaking from the perspective of someone who does get to view that kind of thing as simple. For people who are ill (physically, emotionally, mentally) and disabled, getting out of bed every morning CAN be an ordeal. Showering can be impossible.

In fact, while I did accomplish the stuff in my room, I still had help. My roommate very kindly moved a chair in there so I could work. He also did part of my bed stuff and handed me a couple of things. Without that help, I would be even more exhausted than I am now.

So yes, I will celebrate that I did the thing (simple to some people) that I set out to do. I will celebrate the help I was given. I will celebrate a clean room.

No comments:

Post a Comment