Thursday, March 7, 2013

700 Posts

The break I took from knitting helped me a lot. When I started back tonight, I did so with a positive spirit about the project. Whatever mental fuzzies I had going on have decided to leave. Quite happy about that. Anything can start to feel like a burden if you're burned out, even things you love. Taking a small break from it, just allowing yourself to have the time to NOT have to worry about it, can make all the difference in the world. It's why I skip days sometimes on the blog.

However, despite the skippage of days, Blogger lists this as my 700th blog post. I know I said this at 500 and 200 and probably even at post 5, but I am shocked and pleased it's been going on for so long.

The blog has seen me through pain and suffering and fear and moments of being broken. The blog has seen me muse about projects and movies and anime and music. This blog has been with me as worlds died and babies were born. This blog was here as I won the first writing contest I've entered in over 20 years.  The blog has been part of my process of restructuring my life, reorganizing my world, and reclaiming my health.

We've been through a lot together.

Where do we go from here?

The blog is rather free form and I like it that way. It you come here to read it, I'm assuming you like it that way too. With that in mind, I'm not going to list projects that I'm considering for the blog. I think I'm just going to do them without giving them titles or anything. I will say that I would like to have more focus in a positive and proactive direction. I'm not saying I won't rant and complain on the blog, but I do want to try and concentrate on the more positive aspects of my life and thoughts. The negs are getting me no where.

I'd also like to do more documentation of my life. I've been talking about this knitting project, but haven't gotten around to taking any pics of it. I should really do that. It's good to keep a physical record of my accomplishments. Past that, it will continue to be more of the random stuff that pops into my head and wants to be written about. Trust me, there is always lots of that stuff floating around in my head.

Then again, I'm guessing you already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment