Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Quiet Saturday

I started part three of my knitting project and made fairly good progress on it. It was the ideal amount of inches that I wanted, but it was a couple over what I should have realistically expected. Given that and the fact that I made some decisions about attachments and boarders, I feel like I am in a good place yarnwise.

Even though it's March, it's still rather cold so we're not putting away the winter blankets for a while. I'm hoping that by midMarch this coldness will be over and we can begin our spring cleaning.The house seriously needs it.

The kitty who sleeps with me has developed a cute habit of coming to sit on my feet and sleep while I sit at the computer. I love this so much. I hope she keeps it up, though I have my doubts. She tends to go insane during the summers and act like she doesn't know who we are.

I still miss Alice. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her.  Every time I look over at the couch, I think about my roommate playfully laying his head by her. She brought so much joy to our lives. The thing about grief is that it isn't constant. It doesn't break you into pieces. You keep on with your life. It's just, especially in this case, someone who was important to you is now gone. Whenever you think about that, it hurts all over again.

I'm hoping to get at least as much knitting done tomorrow as I did today. That will possibly have me finished with this part by Tusday, meaning I can work on attaching and boarders and all that jazz for the rest of the week. Once that is finished, my cousin will have a new baby blanket to wrap around her new baby. It's such a lovely thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment