Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cats, Love, and Broken Faith

The girl cats have an interesting custody agreement about my roommate and me. During the day, Rhiannon sits with my roommate and Rowan is more often found sitting near me. At night, Rhiannon sleeps in my bed and Rowan sleeps with him. This isn't clockwork, nothing ever exactly is with cats, but it is the usual way of things. It makes me happy.

Right now, Rowan is lounging against my foot, facing away from me. Every once in a while, she'll turn in my direction and look at me until I pet her. I indulge her . . . until she bites me. She almost always bites me. It's never hard, but it's certainly not comfortable. It's just one of the little quirks of her being her.  And honestly, it's easier to handle than Rhiannon's kneading. Rowan kneads too, but her claws are smaller and it doesn't hurt as much. Rhi can make it painful. This isn't something you want to experience in the middle of the night.

I watched Moonrise Kingdom and it was beautiful. It was very well acted and wonderfully written. And, of course, the directing was perfection. It was just stunningly well done and one of the best love stories I've seen in a long time. Though, I suppose it wasn't so much a love story as a story about faith. To really love someone, you have to have faith.

You have to have that kind of unwavering faith than you can make it through anything so long as you have this other person. I think the reason why a lot of us accept being single and alone as a blessing is the fact that whatever part of us that had that faith was broken a long time ago. The faith in love just drained away and will never return. It's sad, but then again, not everyone can get a happy ending.

Game of Thrones starts the third season next week. I'm really excited about this, as I'm sure all the fans are. They'll be working on material from my favorite book of the series.  It's the book where a lot of people get married and a lot more people die. I can't wait to see how it all plays out on film. I'm sure it will be great.

See, I still have faith in SOME things.

No comments:

Post a Comment