Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Over

I knitted to 20 inches today, meaning only ten left on this phase of the project. Then the hard part starts, though, honestly, even that won't be TOO hard. I've been experimenting with some crochet techniques that I've never used before. They won't come into play on this blanket, but they may happen on a scarf I plan to do after this. I plan on using up all of the yarn I currently have for various things. No more keeping orphaned yarn in the house. It get used and sent out to others . . . kind of like orphans in Victorian novels!

I've been in kind of a dark place emotionally, just dour and pessimistic and caustic about life. Yes, I know I'm often that way, but it's been a bit more intense than usual. Though even in the midst of it, there are still a lot of things I'm thankful for. I'm even thankful for being pessimistic and dark. It keeps me out of a lot of trouble.

Laundry happened today. I threw in some of the more wintery pieces and plan to go a head and put them back  into storage once they're folded. We may still have some cold days, but nothing I can't handle. I'm tired of the jackets and long sleeved shirts. I'm even starting to get tired of my knitted stuff, though I know I'll miss it by Fall.

The goal for tomorrow is to not be so harsh in my thinking. I need a day of gentle, happy, relaxing thoughts. I need some good mental space and a bit of renewal. Yes, I think more than anything else, I need renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment