Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Stepping Back

For a while now, I've been thinking about how I could write a blog post about the Steubenville rape case without it being completely stabbity on my part. The culture of rape we live in is a very emotional and frustrating issue for me. It's difficult for me to discuss it without being loud and angry. With that in mind, I will just let you read this article. Henry Rollins said everything that perhaps needed to be said.

This case is sickening and sad, and it seems to get worse as time passes. As horrifying as it is that the situation happened in the first place, now we have people lamenting the fact that these rapists have had their futures ruined. We also found out that the victim had people who were threatening her life. It sometimes stuns me the lengths people will go to in order to champion the "emotional fragility" of rapists.

That, however, is the last I will personally say about this case. I'm going to step back and just let others discuss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment