Monday, March 18, 2013

Sim Blog Success Stories, Plus Envy

Sims finally decided to get with the times and switched the sim mobile phone to a smart phone. For the most part, it's just like the mobile phone, except, now it has its own set of skills. I didn't even realize this until I had my sim send an insulting text to the cop who'd just arrested her. Suddenly, a skill bar appeared above her . . . all because she sent a text.

A few more times with this and I unlocked the option for her to start a blog. And, well, obviously I had to make THAT happen. It seemed amusing for my sim to have a blog (that I am now blogging about). At first, all she could do was just write about her daily life and take some pictures.

The sad thing is, my sim's blog is more successful than mine. She gains followers almost every day. At first she only had three or four, but after about the tenth or 11th post, she had over 150. That's not the best part though, the best part is that her blog followers will send her donations to keep writing. You know how many people have sent me donations to keep writing? None.

Then again, I have to admit that sims are a rather generous lot. I've had sims play guitar in the park for six hours and walk away with over 3000 simoleans. The sim had full guitar skills and I think most of the people strolling through the park were drunk, but still. That's a lot of money for just six hours. If they ever put out Sims: Stripper Addition, my sim will be able to retire in a week.

Anyway, so yes, a smart phone that you have to skill up and blogging abilities that far outreach my own. This gives me some ideas for a new kind of cruel challenge for the sim. I'll take away all the money and just make her live off blog donations. Bet she won't complain about having to write them after THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment