Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cuddles and Idiots

It's one of those nights where it's not cold enough to leave any heaters on, but it's still chilly enough for the cats to want to cuddle. I love nights like this. I have a kitty nestled against my feet and one just staring at me because she wants me to go to bed. Once I'm in bed, she will sleep on my arm. There will be blankets between  us, of course, because she hates the feel of human flesh. That should offend me but it really doesn't because I probably hate the feel of human flesh too.

I hear the taste of it is nice though.

As much as I would love to be in a totally positive mood tonight, I can't, due to the overwhelming dumbassery of certain people. Namely, the man in this video, as presented by Gawker. He is speaking at the Minnesota debate about marriage equality and has some very deeply stupid things to say about it.

His idea of his argument is that gay marriage shouldn't happen because of AIDS. He believes that vaginae have a special magical barrier that keeps women from ever getting AIDS and anuses do not have this barrier. Therefore, in his world where people ONLY have sex after they marry and the only kind of gay people are the men kind who have anal sex and they are the ONLY people who have anal sex then . . . yeah, okay, absolutely none of this makes sense.

Mr. Idiot, let's break this down into simple sentences.

1. Women can be gay too, therefore any argument that you give about gay marriage that has to do with men having anal sex is kind of pointless as it only addresses one gender.

2. People have sex before marriage, therefore any argument that you have about what happens during sex has nothing to do with marriage being legal or illegal.

3. Vaginae do not have special barriers that prevent HIV.

4. Your argument of 'gay marriage should be illegal because of anal sex' is stupid because straight people do it that way too.

5. Like so many other ignorant people who have spoken recently about sex, you are, if nothing else, proof of why we need extensive and strong sex education in schools.

You know, on reality shows, they have people who screen potential contestants before they ever go in front of the judges. If you are too boring or just way to psychotic, they ever even let you see Simon. I really wish we had the same kind of process before we let people speak at congressional debates. Can we please just hire some folks who listen to what these 'speakers' have to say and screen out the ones who are just so damned crazy/ignorant/stupid that all they will achieve is a video on Youtube where everyone makes fun of them?

I bet it would save us a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment