Thursday, September 26, 2013

Clumsy Luck

So I'm never the most graceful person. Losing weight has made me LESS graceful because the changes in my size and the way weight redistributes causes me to constantly have to reestablish balance and I'm not that good at it. I've managed not to fall in recent months, but that doesn't keep me from banging into things and tripping over my own feet.

Last night as I was turning off the lights in the living room, I stumbled into my computer desk and sent my catch-all basket into the trash. Which, okay, it was actually a lucky thing that it went into the trash because at least the 50 million things I keep in that basket didn't go flying across the floor.

My carpet is this kind of weird color that renders everything that falls onto it invisible. This isn't helped by the fact that the floor is slightly slanted so anything that falls on it rolls and ends up under the couch. I think the couch has some portal to another world under it.

But as I said, I was lucky. All I had to do was dig through the trash can! You'd be shocked at how many times I've had to be in that position. Anyway, in the process of doing this, I found every ponytail holder I've lost in the last year, my letter opener, a yarn hook, and my black nail polish! For once in my life, my clumsiness has come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment