Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

It's supposed to be cooler tonight and I am so happy about that. The last week or so hasn't been easy. In fact, it was over 100 today and I find that rather unacceptable for September. The weather should start drifting back down, with temps hitting only in the low 80s this week and settling into the high 70s by the end of the month. But Halloween, it should be cold enough that costumes are marred by coats. No fun for the kids, but fun for me, as I like it cold.

Summer isn't officially over, of course, but I am happy to know that I've braved through another one. I survived being 39 during the hot of the year and now I get to enjoy some months of cooler weather before I have to worry about this heat insanity again. You have no idea how happy that makes me.

I've been trying to get inspired about things but it just isn't really working for me right now. Maybe I need a different approach. I have to find a way to be able to be creative and focused while still being on my meds. It isn't easy, but it really has to start happening because I know that if I'm ever going to dig myself out of my hole of poverty, my creativity is the way to do it.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely Labor Day weekend. We're enjoying apple barrios and ice cream for my roommate's birthday. It's sticky, sweet, and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment