Saturday, September 14, 2013

Evil Yard: Day One

I'm so tired tonight. This has been yard work weekend and it's not been easy. As much as I enjoy looking at the trees and bushes in the yard, I do not enjoy raking up their hacked off limbs after they get trimmed. It's always an exhausting, overwhelming mess . . . at least at first. Once we get started, it's really not that bad.

We're about half way through the process and we're on the easier part of that half because everything is closer to the drop off point and less densely evil. I'll still be raking and piling tomorrow, but no where near as much as I did today. Today I cursed every broken branch that it end up in someone's really horrible picture frame. Today I considered just setting the yard on fire.

My roommate made it go easier. He did all of the trimming and legwork. I mainly just piled stuff onto the canvas and cursed at it. I did brave some scary sinkholes in the back yard though. I have no idea where those came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment