Sunday, September 15, 2013

Evil Yard: Day Two

THE YARD WORK IS FINISHED!

Yes, I am celebrating. We've been celebrating since this morning. We finished before ten and now can rest easy for another year. The trimming of trees and bushes is over. The vast, seemingly endless piles of fallen branches are pulled to the edge of the yard. everything else has been raked and cleared and looks lovey.

Okay, the peach tree doesn't look lovely. The peach tree looks like it lost a fight with a tornado, but my roommate did research before he trimmed it and found out you're supposed to take a lot of it down. It's the best way to ensure that it will flourish next year. While all this makes logical sense, right now, the peach tree looks kind of sad.

Aside from that, everything else looks great. I'm really proud of us. We didn't put this off. We didn't let it overwhelm us.  We kept up good spirits during the process and encouraged each other.

As for my personal accomplishments:

  • I didn't procrastinate. I knew what needed to be done and made sure to get myself out there to do it.
  • I respected my limitations. I took a chair with me and sat down when I was too tired to stand.
  • I also tried to respect my strength. I stood for as long as I could. I reached as far as I could and tried to make one more bend than I assumed I could make.
  • I possessed more upper body strength than before. I wielded the rake with more ability and didn't drop it as often.
  • I possessed, perhaps for the first time in my life, more grace than usual. I navigated my treacherous, hole-rattled yard and didn't fall once. Not even when I was walking backwards.
  • I was brave in a lot of ways.
So overall, I would say it was a good and productive time of yardworking. I'm proud of us, I'm proud of me, and I am proud of how the yard looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment