Monday, January 6, 2014

Freezing Temps

Very little, to nothing, in my life is designed to handle the level of cold we experienced today. This includes me. After just a few hours of being outside, mostly in a car, mind you, I still have chilblains on my toes. Those aren't comfortable, by the way. I do not recommend them. The van did not like the cold. It made protesty noises all the way to the store. The plastic carrier things that I use to handle multiple grocery bags did not like the cold. They kept trying not to close or to distort from their shape.

Most of all, the cats do not like this weather, which is ironic because they're the most suited for it. One of them climbed in my lap and basically demanded every blanket near me. Another one huddled near my roommate and did the same. Tinkerbell kept to herself, but we discussed her issues yesterday.

Tomorrow is supposed to be equally cold and I'm not looking forward to it. I have to be out during the morning, going to therapy and paying some bills. I'm hoping this is the last really crazy horribly cold time we have, though I'm somewhat doubting that. It's shaping up to be one hell of a nasty winter. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment