Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Seven Days In

Again I am sitting in Rabbitkiller. Again I am doing so because of a tire on the van. This is the same tire we've had them look at twice now. They keep claiming there is nothing wrong with it, but clearly there is or it wouldn't keep going down. I just hope that whatever s wrong with it isn't "fat woman drives the van," although I worry this may be the case. I guess I should worry less about that these days because I weigh less than I uses to, but that's just not the case.

This will be my third trip to the mechanic today. I went before therapy to have them look at the tires on Rabbitkiller. This took forever because they checked the tires for some chatty cop first. I was almost late for my appointment. I cursed under my breath a lot. Now that I live with someone who values schedules, I have began to value them as well.

Being a jobless person has made value my time more as well. You would think it wouldn't, but when you don't work, people act like your time and your plans mean nothing. They think they can change things for you at any point and you will be okay with it. And yeah, most of the time it is no big deal. Other times, it feels very disrespectful, especially when it is something to do with an aspect of my health or money.

There ended up being a sliver of metal in the tire, which doesn't sound like it was the fat woman's fault. Yay. Unless, you know, that piece of metal got in there because the fat woman makes the car gain more metal or something. Though, being more metal would make me cooler. Now that the van is home, perhaps the rest of the day can proceed in peace.

Before you think today was just a study in bitchery, some really good stuff happened. I sold a beard/hat and will be receiving the stuff to make my commissioned hat tonight. Plus, my roommate got this killed new plan with our phone provider which means, for the first time in almost a decade, I get a new phone!! Yay!!!!!! This is such great news because my Nokia's screen is so scratched, I can't even see out of it anymore.

So yeah, a mixed bag for the seventh day of the new year. Lots of good stuff, lots of annoying stuff. Still, I'm not going to let the bad stuff outweigh the great things that happened. A. New. Freaking. PHONE!! Whatever will I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment