Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Week Later

It is remarkable the difference a week can make in your life. This time last week I was in  the hospital, in a lot of pain, and trying to process the moment by moment disorientation of what was happening to me. I'd not eaten since 2:30 pm the day before. I had no idea if I would be able to go home the next day. In fact, I truly had my doubts that I would. I'd made a few phone calls to tell people I was alive, but that was the extent of what I was capable of doing.

Today, one week later, I felt well enough to go spend the day with my best friend. We laughed and watched Game of Thrones. I listened to her kid talk about the stuff he's into right now. I spent some time in car. It was the first time I'd been in a car since last Friday.

The world is very different than it was a week ago. Things may not be perfect. Complications could still happen. But there have certainly been improvements. Most importantly, I managed to survive. I lived through surgery and pain. I lived through meeting new people and facing a lot of unknowns. I lived through magnesium citrate. For that, I am both proud of myself and very, humbly thankful to those who helped me through it.

Here's to another week of healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment