Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday Past

A week ago tonight, I was preparing for my trip to Tulsa. My bags were mostly packed and I'd done everything I could here in the house. I'd said my peace to the cats. I knew that I would soon be facing the unknown.

It was a scary night for me. There was a possibility I wouldn't return. It wasn't a huge chance, but it was there. I didn't know how the magnesium citrate would affect me. I didn't know how I would be treated once I was at the hospital. And I certainly didn't know how I would handle the surgery. All of this was still up in the air.

A week later, I am past all of that. No more trips to Tulsa for a few weeks. No more doctors or nurses looking at me for a while. Now I have only cuts and empty areas and some pain. All of the questions haven't been answered. I still don't know if I'll have to do radiation or not. But at least this first part is finished. I am happier this week than I am  this time last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment