Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Preparations

Today was the first day we've had so far where I actually felt uncomfortably hot. It wasn't quite unbearably hot by any means, but it certainly wasn't pleasant. It didn't start out that way. This morning, when we ran errands, it was quite nice. I honestly expected it to start raining. Instead, it just opted to be horribly humid and nasty. Thankfully, I had fans. They somewhat took the edge off.

I'm starting to get my travel plans in order. It's a slow process structured around other people's schedules, but when you're having people drive you on multiple days, that is what it takes.  I'm thinking by Saturday at the latest, all travel plans will be set in motion. That's pretty great because it will be one less thing to worry about. Maybe I can even find another level of relaxing.

I made an appointment with my regular doctor. I won't be seeing her until the 17th, but then again, she knows nothing about any of the cancer stuff yet, so it's probably a good idea to get her up to date. My roommate and I talked about the stuff that needs to be bought before the trip. I have some lists I need to make so that I don't forget things.

It will be very good to have everything settled and ready. Less will be on my mind and I can just focus on trying NOT to obsess about the surgery and everything that could go wrong.

Though, I have to admit that when you start spitting stitches in your arm, it somewhat makes you hesitant about someone putting stitches in your vagina.

No comments:

Post a Comment